Invisalign Dentist Upland, CA
An Invisalign® dentist can help people fix crooked and misaligned teeth. While many people are reluctant to get visible metal braces, Invisalign offers a clear, almost invisible alternative. This system of clear aligners gently moves teeth into alignment to help them achieve their smile goals.
Invisalign is available at Smile Studio in Upland and the surrounding area. Patients in search of a discreet method of tooth correction can wear Invisalign without anyone knowing. Contact us at (909) 981-6400 to learn more about our services or schedule an appointment.
Unfortunately we are not a Denti-Cal and Medi-Cal Provider
How Invisalign Works To Straighten Teeth
Invisalign treatment involves wearing a series of clear aligners that gradually straighten teeth over time. These aligners are removable and do not have any brackets or wires. They consist of a patented thermoplastic material called SmartTrack® that fits snugly over teeth. Each aligner in the series encourages a slightly different position than the previous one, making the overall correction a steady yet gentle progression.
Before a patient can begin Invisalign, they must have a consultation to discuss the treatment process and have their smile evaluated. We will map out a precise, customized digital treatment plan that shows the patient the step-by-step transformation of their smile during this appointment. Once the patient approves the plan, we will take digital scans, X-rays, and photos of their teeth and mouth to create an accurate model. This information goes to the Invisalign laboratory to create custom-fitting trays.
“Invisalign treatment involves wearing a series of clear aligners that gradually straighten teeth over time.”
The Creation of Invisalign Trays
The process of receiving Invisalign trays usually takes around four weeks. Once we take impressions or scans of the patient’s teeth, we must send them to the Invisalign factory with notes about how the treatment should progress. Then, the factory will determine the optimal amount of trays and send the specifications back to us.
We will make any necessary modifications and then email the changes to the factory. Once implemented, the factory will create the trays, and lab technicians trim each one individually to match the patient’s gumline. Although there is a waiting period before a patient can begin treatment, this process ensures that the treatment process will be effective and comfortable.
“The process of receiving Invisalign trays usually takes around four weeks.”
Benefits of Invisalign
One of the greatest benefits of Invisalign is its clear, almost invisible appearance. The clear aligners are also easy to remove for eating, so patients can eat and drink without restrictions. Once removed, wearers can easily clean their teeth since there are no metal wires in the way. Straighter teeth are easier to clean, making for improved oral hygiene and health. Crooked teeth can trap debris and bacteria that cause cavities and gum disease. When untreated, this can cause a range of problems, from teeth loss to gum disease.
In most cases, adults and teens are the best candidates since they have fully or mostly developed bones and teeth. Invisalign works more effectively for patients with less severe crowding, spacing, overbites, underbites, and crossbites. People with severely misaligned teeth, bites, or significant gaps may benefit from a different means of correction.
“One of the greatest benefits of Invisalign is its clear, almost invisible appearance.”
Check out what others are saying about our dental services on Yelp: Invisalign Dentist in Upland, CA
Finding the Right Invisalign Dentist
People who are interested in Invisalign treatment should conduct thorough research to find the right Invisalign dentist. It is crucial to find a skilled and reliable dentist since the provider will dictate the quality of treatment results. People should research the dentist’s education, training, and certifications to ensure that they have the right experience and knowledge.
It is also helpful to look at reviews and before and after photos to see if the results align with their orthodontic goals. During the consultation, people should ask the right questions regarding the treatment process, results, and concerns. The right Invisalign provider will also genuinely care for their patient’s oral health. Our team works with each patient to create a personalized treatment plan for their needs and goals.
“People who are interested in Invisalign treatment should conduct thorough research to find the right Invisalign dentist.”
Questions Answered on This Page
People Also Ask
Services and Future Check-ups
When the aligners are ready, patients will return to our office for a fitting. Invisalign dentists can also provide Invisalign attachments, which are small and button-like. They are attached to a patient’s teeth to ensure aligners stay in place. These attachments are temporary and removed when treatment is complete.
Throughout treatment, patients will return for follow-up appointments. We will check the fit of the aligners and the progress made in shifting teeth. While Invisalign wearers do not require regular appointments for adjustment, they will have periodic checkups to check their progress.
“Upon returning for their first visit, we will first conduct a fitting to ensure the aligners fit properly and are fairly comfortable.”
Frequently Asked Questions
Q. How long does it take an Invisalign dentist to straighten teeth?
A. The treatment length depends on the severity of the problem. Slight misalignments take less time, while more significant issues take longer. Our team can offer a more precise estimate during consultation.
Q. Is teeth straightening only about a great smile?
A. Straighter teeth can lead to better oral health. When teeth are crooked, people can find it difficult to clean some areas properly. Having straighter teeth should help people clean their teeth more easily and thoroughly.
Q. Do aligners hurt?
A. Patients may feel discomfort for the first few days with each new aligner. The treatment design shifts teeth with each new aligner. Patients will feel the most pressure at the start of each new position, but this signifies that the treatment is progressing.
Q. How should I clean my aligners?
A. Patients can choose to use the Invisalign cleaning system or brush the aligners with a soft-bristled toothbrush and clear liquid soap. Avoid using hot water, which may warp the trays. It is also important to soak the trays every day for 15 to 30 minutes.
Q. Will I have to wear a retainer?
A. Although Invisalign moves teeth differently from traditional metal braces, the results are still the same. After treatment, a retainer will prevent teeth from shifting back out of alignment. Patients can discuss retainers with our team for more information.
Quality Dental Services Can Transform Your Smile
By visiting us as soon as possible, our team can help get you the professional treatment you need. Instead of waiting around and allowing the symptoms to get worse, we can provide you with treatment options.
- Aligner Trays
- With Invisalign® treatment, the patient will receive a series of aligner trays and swap out each one for the next one in the series every two weeks in order to gradually straighten the teeth.
- ClinCheck® Software
- ClinCheck® software allows professionals to map out the straightening process the patient’s teeth will go through with Invisalign® in great detail.
- Incisal Ridges
- Incisal ridges are the portion of the crown of the tooth that makes up the incisal portion and can be a direct cause of overbite if they are extended too far.
- Malocclusion is the condition in which the upper and lower teeth do not meet properly when the bite is closed. Conditions of malocclusion can include overbite, underbite, crossbite and open bite; all of which are treatable with Invisalign®.
- Polyurethane Resin
- Polyurethane Resin is a USP Class VI medical grade, high molecular weight compound that makes up the Invisalign® aligners.
- Smart Track® Material
- Smart Track® material is in Invisalign® aligners to increase comfort, improve control of movement, increases the speed of treatment and applies a gentle force to the teeth over time.
Call Us Today
Invisalign treatment is a great alternative to metal braces to achieve straighter, healthier-looking teeth. Our team at Smile Studio can help. Call us today at (909) 981-6400 to learn more about our services or schedule an appointment.
Helpful Related Links
- American Dental Association (ADA). Glossary of Dental Clinical Terms. 2022
- American Academy of Cosmetic Dentistry® (AACD). Home Page. 2022
- Invisalign®. How Invisalign Works. 2022
- Invisalign®. Take the Smile Assessment. 2022
- WebMD. WebMD’s Oral Care Guide. 2022
About our business, license, and website security
- Smile Studio was established in 1993.
- We accept the following payment methods: American Express, Cash, Check, Discover, MasterCard, and Visa
- We serve patients from the following counties: San Bernardino County, Riverside County, and Los Angeles County
- We serve patients from the following cities: Upland, Fontana, Riverside, Ontario, Chino, Chino Hills, Pomona, Montclair, Claremont and Rancho Cucamonga
- CA (License #47551). View License Information and Specifics
- National Provider Identifier Database (1700901527). View NPI Registry Information
- Norton Safe Web. View Details
- Trend Micro Site Safety Center. View Details