Professional Teeth Whitening Upland, CA
Professional teeth whitening is a safe, comfortable procedure that brightens and enhances the appearance of people’s smiles. This cosmetic dental procedure can effectively remove surface stains caused by foods, beverages, aging, and more. People who receive this procedure can achieve a smile that is several shades whiter and brighter.
If you want to enhance your smile’s appearance, professional teeth whitening may be the right option for you. We provide professional teeth whitening at Smile Studio in Upland and the surrounding area. Call us today at (909) 981-6400 to learn more about our services or schedule an appointment.
Unfortunately we are not a Denti-Cal and Medi-Cal Provider
Understanding Teeth Whitening
As people age, their teeth often become discolored. Staining food and beverages, nicotine and tobacco use, and certain prescription medications can cause teeth to appear yellow and less healthy. These stains can be extrinsic or intrinsic, causing the yellow dentin beneath tooth enamel to show through minuscule cracks on the tooth’s surface.
Fortunately, professional teeth whitening can help teeth become three to eight shades whiter than before. Teeth whitening can provide optimal results in a short amount of time when performed by a professional. Having professional care and consultation is the safest and most effective way to achieve a whiter, more beautiful smile.
“Fortunately, professional teeth whitening can help teeth become three to eight shades whiter than before.”
Candidacy for Teeth Whitening
Professional teeth whitening is a viable treatment option for many people. However, patients should have a consultation to determine whether they are an ideal candidate for this treatment. Anyone who is allergic to peroxide, the whitening agent, should not get this treatment. We also do not recommend teeth whitening for pregnant or lactating women.
Candidates should be in good oral health, without gum disease or worn down enamel. Cavities should get treated before people can consider getting their teeth whitened. Teeth whitening works best for people with yellow teeth, but some patients with brown teeth have also received positive results. Gray or purple discoloration indicates trauma or decay, which cannot be fixed by teeth whitening.
“Anyone who is allergic to peroxide, the whitening agent, should not get this treatment.”
Peroxide in Teeth Whitening
According to the U.S. Library of Medicine, teeth whitening uses hydrogen peroxide to cause a chemical reaction that removes stains. Hydrogen peroxide has been an ingredient in teeth-whitening and oral care products for decades. It is the primary active ingredient in many at-home and professional whitening products.
This chemical compound reacts with and oxidizes the double bonds between the stain and the tooth’s surface to lighten discoloration. Over-the-counter whitening products use 3 to 20% peroxide-based bleaching agents. Professional teeth whitening is more effective because the bleaching solution is much stronger, containing 15% to 43% peroxide.
“Professional teeth whitening is more effective because the bleaching solution is much stronger, containing 15% to 43% peroxide.”
Check out what others are saying about our dental services on Yelp: Professional Teeth Whitening in Upland, CA
Laser Teeth Whitening
Laser teeth whitening can brighten teeth by up to 10 shades. This treatment involves spreading a bleaching agent on teeth and using a special laser that generates heat to enhance its effectiveness. This speeds up the bleaching process for quick and dramatic results.
Although laser whitening is not long, it is precise. This treatment should only be performed by a licensed professional. Not all patients qualify for this procedure, so it is essential to speak with our team to determine whether this service is right for them.
“Not all patients qualify for this procedure, so it is essential to speak with our team to determine whether this service is right for them.”
Cautions Against Teeth Whitening At Home
While teeth whitening is also possible at home through over-the-counter kits, it is important to approach with caution. Some of these whitening kits contain questionable ingredients that can do more harm than good. While do-it-yourself teeth whitening at home sounds convenient, many of these tips can cause serious problems and do not produce effective results.
Since our team supervises professional teeth whitening, we can use a stronger bleaching solution. We can also ensure that sensitive gums do not become more irritated while producing safe and reliable results. Ultimately, professional teeth whitening produces the most precise and effective results.
“Ultimately, professional teeth whitening produces the most precise and effective results.”
Questions Answered on This Page
People Also Ask
Frequently Asked Questions
Q. Is professional teeth whitening comfortable?
A. Most patients experience no pain during the whitening procedure. Some sensitivity for a few days following the treatment is to be suspected. People can use over-the-counter pain medications to minimize discomfort.
Q. How long does professional teeth whitening take?
A. The length of the procedure varies depending upon the extent of the patient’s discoloration. In-office procedures last for up to one hour. Dentist-supervised whitening outside of the office may take up to several weeks.
Q. How can I care for my whitened teeth?
A. Proper dental hygiene is essential for preserving the color of whitened teeth. Patients should brush their teeth and floss twice a day. They should also avoid nicotine products and foods and beverages with dark colorations.
Q. How long does professional teeth whitening last?
A. The length of the teeth whitening effects will depend on the varying bleaching concentration and the whitening method. The average bleaching results can last anywhere from six months to three years. People can extend the whitening effects by taking good care of their teeth.
Q. Will professional teeth whitening damage my enamel?
A. Professional teeth whitening does not damage or harm tooth enamel. Enamel is one of the hardest tissues in the human body. Professional supervision can ensure that the least amount of damage occurs while whitening teeth.
Quality Dental Services Can Transform Your Smile
By visiting us as soon as possible, our team can help get you the professional treatment you need. Instead of waiting around and allowing the symptoms to get worse, we can provide you with treatment options.
Cosmetic Dentistry Terminology
- Bleachorexia is when people continue to abuse teeth whitening solutions without consulting professionals, causing significant damage to their enamel and gums in the process.
- Cosmetic Dentistry
- Cosmetic dentistry is generally used to refer to any dental work that improves the appearance (though not necessarily the function) of a person’s teeth, gums and/or bite.
- Dentin Hypersensitivity
- Dentin hypersensitivity is when the enamel wears down on the tooth enough that the dentin faces exposure and will cause great levels of pain when a person applies pressure to the tooth or drinks hot/cold beverages.
- Hydrogen Peroxide
- Hydrogen peroxide is a chemical compound in teeth whitening solutions that patients use to whiten the shade of their teeth.
- Stained Dentin
- Stained dentin can result from certain foods and beverages with a lack of proper brushing. Dental professionals can provide whitening treatments to brighten the teeth.
- Surface Teeth Stains
- While surface teeth stains can be inevitable with age, certain foods and beverages will only promote discoloration and faded teeth.
Call Us Today
Professional teeth whitening is a safe and effective way to achieve a whiter, brighter smile. Our team at Smile Studio can help. Call us today at 909-981-6400 to schedule an appointment or learn more about our services.
Helpful Related Links
- American Dental Association (ADA). Glossary of Dental Clinical Terms. 2022
- American Academy of Cosmetic Dentistry® (AACD). Home Page. 2022
- WebMD. WebMD’s Oral Care Guide. 2022
About our business, license, and website security
- Smile Studio was established in 1993.
- We accept the following payment methods: American Express, Cash, Check, Discover, MasterCard, and Visa
- We serve patients from the following counties: San Bernardino County, Riverside County, and Los Angeles County
- We serve patients from the following cities: Upland, Fontana, Riverside, Ontario, Chino, Chino Hills, Pomona, Montclair, Claremont and Rancho Cucamonga
- CA (License #47551). View License Information and Specifics
- National Provider Identifier Database (1700901527). View NPI Registry Information
- Norton Safe Web. View Details
- Trend Micro Site Safety Center. View Details