Safe Mecury Filling RemovalUpland, CA
We understand that toxic materials affect our overall wellness. An important health concern is the mercury contained in amalgam (silver) fillings.
Dr. Ra has special equipment and uses the IAOMT protocol to remove amalgam fillings in a mercury-safe way. We then use biocompatible materials to restore teeth to proper function. The steps used at SmileStudio for the safe removal of amalgam include:
- We use a latex rubber dam isolating the filling from the back of your mouth.
- We follow specific techniques removing the mercury filling, minimizing mercury vapor production
- We use sophisticated suction techniques in the mouth to capture mercury vapor.
- We use a high-volume HEPA filter placed at the chin to capture anything escaping the intra oral suction.
- We use a whole body gown disposed of immediately after mercury removal so you don’t leave the office with contaminated clothes.
- We add a soothing remineralizing solution to the internal area of the tooth to replace minerals lost due to decay and bacteria.
- As needed, we insulate the nerve with a biocompatible build up material.
- All amalgam particles are captured to protect the environment from mercury pollution
- Patients are encouraged to visit a physician for heavy metal detoxification.
We want to give our patients the greatest chance at becoming their healthiest, happiest selves, and we understand that positive oral health has an enormous impact on physical wellbeing. If you're ready to experience the best that dentistry has to offer, visit our office to learn more about biological dentistry.
Part of our mercury-safe protocol involves the use of an Isolite® intra oral vacuum, which serves to whisk away toxic mercury vapors from the patient and staff as amalgam fillings are removed. This apparatus is connected to a powerful vacuum.
Many dental patients have come to expect X-rays as a part of routine dental care. Once or twice a year, a patient may be asked to undergo this simple procedure that provides pictures of the teeth above and below the gum line. Healthy patients rarely have to think beyond holding still for a moment so that…
It is normal for teeth to yellow or become stained over time, but teeth whitening can return a smile to its original brightness. The American Association of Orthodontics reports that more than 30% of Americans are unhappy with their smile. Getting teeth whitened is a simple, easy process that can help anyone regain confidence in…
Gum disease, if left untreated, often results in tooth loss, leaving many patients to wonder if they can get dental implants. Even gum disease patients who do not develop the advanced form of the disease, known as periodontitis, may want to replace missing or decayed teeth with implants. Is this possible, or will unhealthy gums…
A cosmetic dentist performs procedures every day that improve the look of a patient's smile and help build confidence. Veneers are an option for patients who do not like the appearance of the teeth due to shape, size, damage or alignment. Applying veneers involves a multi-step process that includes permanent removal of some of the…
Teeth cleaning is very important for the health of your teeth, gums and mouth. If you do not take proper care of your teeth and gums, it can lead to a variety of problems. But many people are usually not sure how often they should have a dentist clean their teeth. If you are considering…