What Can I Do to Improve My Smile Upland, CA
Brightening your smile can enhance your overall appearance. Most people have at least one aspect of their smile that they would like to improve. Fortunately, many options are available to enhance a smile’s appearance — from proper maintenance to restorative and cosmetic treatments.
Smile Studio in Upland and the surrounding area can help you improve your smile. Our team will help determine the right treatment to help you meet your smile goals. Contact us at (909) 981-6400 to learn more about our services or schedule an appointment.
Unfortunately we are not a Denti-Cal and Medi-Cal Provider
A beautiful smile is not only pleasing to the eye but also has social and health benefits. Some common reasons people seek treatment to improve their smiles include issues such as gaps, chips, stains, missing teeth, and large or receding gums. Since a smile is one of the first things people see, treatments to improve the smile can help people feel more confident about their appearance.
A healthy smile can enhance people’s relationships, communication, and self-esteem. The right treatment can correct damage and help patients smile with pride. According to at least one study, happiness with one’s smile has been directly correlated with higher levels of self-confidence. No matter the dental issue, there is a treatment that can help patients achieve the smile results they want.
“A beautiful smile is not only pleasing to the eye but also has social and health benefits.”
Everyone has a unique smile, so patients need to find a dentist who understands their wants and needs. Seeking professional help to improve a smile is a big decision that should involve thorough research and consideration. Communication throughout the treatment process is an important part of ensuring that the patient is comfortable throughout the process and satisfied with their results.
Patients should seek treatment from a dentist who values their input and is open to discussing any questions or concerns. It is important for patients to receive the necessary information and professional input before going into the treatment process. Listening to such concerns allows Smile Studio to create a customized treatment plan to improve each patient’s smile.
“Everyone has a unique smile, so it is essential for patients to find a dentist who understands their wants and needs.”
Maintaining a Healthy Smile
A smile’s health plays an important role in its appearance. Proper dental care techniques play a vital role in sustaining and improving a healthy smile. Although a healthy smile is not achieved overnight, developing healthy dental habits can help improve the look and health of teeth. Some techniques that support healthy teeth and gums include:
- Brushing teeth twice a day
- Flossing at least once a day
- Limiting staining foods or drinks
- Receiving prompt dental treatment
- Scheduling regular dental check-ups
“Proper dental care techniques play a vital role in sustaining and improving a healthy smile.”
Check out what others are saying about our dental services on Yelp: What Can I Do to Improve My Smile in Upland, CA
Restorative dental procedures are available to help repair the appearance and function of a patient’s teeth. The primary focus of restorative methods is to replace damaged or missing tooth structure. There are two types of restorative methods, direct and indirect. Direct dental restorations involve placing a filling directly into a prepped and cleaned tooth cavity.
The creation of indirect dental restorations occurs outside of the mouth cavity to fix more severe dental damage. The common types of indirect restorative methods include veneers, dental crowns, inlays, onlays, and dental bridges. Patients should consult our dentist to learn about the available options.
“Restorative dental procedures are available to help repair the appearance and function of a patient’s teeth.”
Cosmetic treatments can help patients improve the appearance of stained, discolored, worn, chipped, broken, or misshapen teeth. The most common cosmetic dental treatment is teeth whitening. This procedure can brighten and whiten teeth quickly and effectively. Dental veneers are a cosmetic treatment that consists of placing thin shells over teeth to fix crookedness, chips, or discoloration.
Other popular cosmetic treatments include dental bonding and enamel shaping. Dental bonding involves adhering tooth-colored composite material to the surface of badly stained, broken, or chipped teeth. During enamel shaping, the tooth is reshaped by filing or removing the enamel. Patients interested in receiving cosmetic treatment should talk to our dentist to find the right one for their needs.
“Cosmetic treatments can help patients improve the appearance of stained, discolored, worn, chipped, broken, or misshapen teeth.”
Questions Answered on This Page
People Also Ask
Frequently Asked Questions
Q. Is teeth whitening a safe procedure?
A. When done properly, teeth whitening is a safe procedure that does not damage the tooth’s nerves or affect the enamel’s mineral content. Although it is a minimally invasive treatment, some people may experience side effects like teeth sensitivity or gum irritation. Both of these side effects should diminish over time.
Q. Is teeth whitening permanent?
A. Teeth whitening is not permanent. The effects vary for each person but may last anywhere between three months to three years. Patients who receive this procedure will need to receive additional treatments to whiten intrinsic and extrinsic tooth discoloration every so often.
Q. When are dental crowns necessary?
A. Dental crowns may be necessary for various situations to restore tooth appearance and function after a restorative dental procedure. Crowns can protect and reinforce cracked, worn down, or broken teeth. These dental restorations can also hold a dental bridge in place, cover misshapen or discolored teeth, or support a tooth with a large filling.
Q. Does teeth whitening work on crowns or veneers?
A. Teeth whitening solution removes stains from the tooth enamel. Dental restorations such as crowns and veneers do not consist of enamel but consist of strong materials designed to be stain-resistant. Crowns and veneers do not respond to teeth whitening. However, they should not stain or require whitening in the first place.
Q. What are veneers used to treat?
A. Veneers are a versatile dental restoration that can treat many dental issues. Typically, veneers protect and improve the appearance of teeth that have chipped, cracked, minor breaks, or have thin enamel. They can also cover stained or misshapen teeth.
Quality Dental Services Can Transform Your Smile
By visiting us as soon as possible, our team can help get you the professional treatment you need. Instead of waiting around and allowing the symptoms to get worse, we can provide you with treatment options.
Cosmetic Dentistry Terminology
- Bleachorexia is when people continue to abuse teeth whitening solutions without consulting professionals, causing significant damage to their enamel and gums in the process.
- Cosmetic Dentistry
- Cosmetic dentistry is generally used to refer to any dental work that improves the appearance (though not necessarily the function) of a person’s teeth, gums and/or bite.
- Dentin Hypersensitivity
- Dentin hypersensitivity is when the enamel wears down on the tooth enough that the dentin faces exposure and will cause great levels of pain when a person applies pressure to the tooth or drinks hot/cold beverages.
- Hydrogen Peroxide
- Hydrogen peroxide is a chemical compound in teeth whitening solutions that patients use to whiten the shade of their teeth.
- Stained Dentin
- Stained dentin can result from certain foods and beverages with a lack of proper brushing. Dental professionals can provide whitening treatments to brighten the teeth.
- Surface Teeth Stains
- While surface teeth stains can be inevitable with age, certain foods and beverages will only promote discoloration and faded teeth.
Call Us Today
Improving your smile can help you look as good as you feel. We at Smile Studio can help. Call us today at 909-981-6400 to schedule an appointment or learn more about our services.
Helpful Related Links
- American Dental Association (ADA). Glossary of Dental Clinical Terms. 2022
- American Academy of Cosmetic Dentistry® (AACD). Home Page. 2022
- WebMD. WebMD’s Oral Care Guide. 2022
About our business, license, and website security
- Smile Studio was established in 1993.
- We accept the following payment methods: American Express, Cash, Check, Discover, MasterCard, and Visa
- We serve patients from the following counties: San Bernardino County, Riverside County, and Los Angeles County
- We serve patients from the following cities: Upland, Fontana, Riverside, Ontario, Chino, Chino Hills, Pomona, Montclair, Claremont and Rancho Cucamonga
- CA (License #47551). View License Information and Specifics
- National Provider Identifier Database (1700901527). View NPI Registry Information
- Norton Safe Web. View Details
- Trend Micro Site Safety Center. View Details